Baltic States Group Tour 2023
Visiting Tallinn Cesis Vilnius Curonian Spit Liepāja Riga Tallinn
From From €1,020 pp
April to October departures
Baltic States Group Tour 2023
This escorted Baltic States group tour explores more than just the Baltic capitals of Tallinn, Vilnius and Riga. You have the opportunity to get off the tourist track, by visiting the beach, the countryside and some beautiful National Parks.
- Baltic Capitals, coast & countryside
- Starts & ends in Tallinn
- 4 Star Hotels
- Choose your optional extras
- Escorted Group Tour
- Select your departure date below
Day 1 - Arrival to Tallinn
welcome to Tallinn! Optional transfer from the airport to Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar, check-in and meet your tour leader and fellow guests at the welcome meeting.
- EUR 45.00 for private car (1-3 persons
- EUR 65.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
Day 2 - Tallinn to Cesis
After breakfast we drive to the Lahemaa National Park, where we visit the Manor Houses in Palmse and Vihula. We continue to Tartu, the university town, where Estonia gained its statehood. We see the charming Old Town and the University founded in 1632. From Tartu we drive onwards into Latvia to Cesis, a Hanseatic city with winding streets, castle ruins and beautiful gardens. Check-in at Hotel Cesis*** or similar.
Day 3 - Cesis to Vilnius
Today we drive through the Gauja National Park to Sigulda, a popular holiday resort. We see the ruins of the Episcopal Castle and the ruins of the Castle of the Knights of the Sword before we drive around Riga to hit the highway down to Vilnius. En-route we reach Siauliai and Hill of Crosses, one of the holiest sites of Catholic Lithuania. We head South into Lithuania and reach Vilnius in the afternoon, check in at Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva**** or similar.
Day 4 - Vilnius to the Curonian Spit
Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning sightseeing tour includes a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anne's Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn. After the tour we continue to Curonian Spit and Nida, where we arrive late in the afternoon. Check in at Hotel Nerija*** or similar. The evening offers optional authentic fisherman dinner at 'Tik Pas Jona'.
- Casual fisherman dinner at Tik Pas Jona tavern: EUR 35.00 pp
Day 5 - The Curonian Spit to Liepaja
The morning is reserved for a half-day optional tour of the Curonian Spit, a thin, 100 km stretch of land between the Baltic Sea and the Curonian Lagoon with small fishing villages, pine forests and endless sand dunes. Tour takes us to the spectacular Parnidis Dune and Naglis Dune, the Hill of Witches in Juodkrante and Thomas Mann's summerhouse. In early afternoon we head towards Liepaja where we arrive in early afternoon and check in at Hotel Promenade***** or similar. The evening offers a casual dinner at a beach café Red Sun Buffet, right on the wide sandy beach.
- 4-hour excursion to the Curonian Spit: EUR 45.00 pp
- Casual dinner on the beach at Red Sun Buffet: EUR 35.00 pp
Day 6 - Liepaja to Riga
Liepaja takes its name from the numerous lime trees in the city. We start the day with a short stroll in the Old Town with the Trinity Church and we visit Jurmala Park and the former Naval Port area with its famous Orthodox Cathedral. We now continue through Southern Latvia to the magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland. Following a guided tour of the palace we travel through Latvia to reach Riga at late afternoon. Check in at Hotel Radisson Blu Latvija**** or similar. The evening offers an optional organ concert at the Dome Cathedral.
- Organ concert at the Dome Cathedral: EUR 35.00 pp
Day 7 - Riga
Founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, Riga is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a true kaleidoscope of various architectural styles. The walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, Dome Cathedral, St. Peter's Church, Swedish Gates, Three Brothers, Large and Small Guild House and the Freedom Monument. The afternoon is reserved for an optional visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. In the evening enjoy an optional Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant Forest.
- 4-hour excursion to Jurmala: EUR 40.00 pp
- Latvian dinner at Restaurant Forest: EUR 45.00 pp
Day 8 - Riga to Tallinn
The tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu. We do a short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn early afternoon, check-in at the Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar.
Day 9 - Tallinn
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall. In the afternoon an optional excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park and a visit to KUMU, the award-winning Estonian Art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art. The evening offers an optional medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack.
- 3-hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU: EUR 45.00 pp
- Medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack: EUR 45.00 pp
Day 10 - Depart Tallinn
Optional transfer to Tallinn airport. End of your Baltic tour.
Or you could extend your tour to Finland on our Helsinki & South Karelia small group tour. (dates marked below with * can do this)
- EUR 45.00 for private car (1-3 persons)
- EUR 65.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- 1020 EUR per person = based on two people sharing a double/twin room
- 1459 EUR per person = staying in a single room
- Half board at hotels (9 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): EUR 285.00 pp
- 1st September - 10th September 2023
- 15th September - 24th September 2023
- 9 nights at centrally located 4 star hotels
- 9 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalised welcome package
- Entrances to Palmse Manor House, Rundale Palace, Peter and Paul Church in Vilnius and medieval Great Guild Hall in Tallinn
- Service of English-speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Portage at hotels
- Please note flights are NOT included in this package. If you wish to add flights to your booking please contact us, or you are welcome to book them yourself.
- If required, we can book additional nights at the start or end of your tour, or arrange an add-on pre/post tour to any of our other destinations.
- The tour is guaranteed (min 2 people) and the maximum group size is 26 people.
- This tour is run by our local partners ViaHansa and called Baltic Impressions.
A very interesting and enjoyable holiday in the Baltic States
I just wanted to let you know that my wife and I had a very interesting and enjoyable holiday in the Baltic States. Many thanks to you and your team for organising the holiday. Everything went really well. Our guide to Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia, Ilona, was absolutely excellent in looking after us, introducing us to the countries, their histories and cultures, and patiently answering our questions. Violet, took us on a tour of Helsinki and gave us a very interesting introduction to Finland and Helsinki. We got to know many of the other guests and enjoyed chatting to them throughout the holiday. The hotels were very good. The tour buses used in Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia and the car used in the Helsinki tour were all in good condition and driven safely. The airport transfer we arranged from Vilnius airport was excellent as were the options we chose.
Mr Fleming, Baltic States escorted group tour, September 2022