Highlights of Poland Group Tour 2023
Visiting Krakow Warsaw Gdansk
From From €776 pp
May to August departures
Highlights of Poland Group Tour 2023
SOLD OUT for 2023 Our Highlights of Poland group tour is the perfect introduction to Poland. Along with your local guide and fellow travellers, you will be treated to beautiful old towns, architecture, culture, and nature as you tour from Krakow up to Gdansk in the Polish summer months.
- Krakow, Warsaw & Gdansk
- Marlbork Castle
- 4 star hotels
- Excellent guides
- Choose your optional extras
- Escorted Group Tour
Day 1 - Arrival in Krakow
Welcome to Krakow! Optional transfer to Hotel Q Plus Krakow**** or similar, check-in & meet your tour leader and fellow guests at the welcome meeting.
- EUR 45.00 for private car (1-3 people)
- EUR 65.00 for private van (4-7 people)
Day 2 - Krakow
For half a millennium Krakow was the royal capital of Poland and for centuries the city walls have guarded its traditions and secrets. The morning sightseeing tour takes us to the Old Town with the St. Mary's Church, the Jagiellonian University, the Cloth Halls and Wawel with the Wawel Castle and the Wawel Cathedral. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to the famous Wieliczka Salt Mine, an amazing labyrinth of tunnels going down as far as 327 meters. The evening offers an optional Polish dinner at Restaurant Hawelka.
- 4-hour excursion to Wieliczka Salt Mine: EUR 60.00 pp
- Polish dinner at Restaurant Hawelka: EUR 40.00 pp
Day 3 - Krakow to Warsaw
We leave for Czestochowa, the spiritual heart of Poland, where we visit the Jasna Gora Monastery with the Black Madonna. Through the flat low-laying plain of Central Poland we reach Warsaw in the early afternoon. Check-in at Hotel Radisson Blu Sobieski**** or similar.
Day 4 - Warsaw
Warsaw is essentially a post-war city with a meticulously reconstructed Old Town. The morning sightseeing tour includes the Royal Route and the Old Town with the Royal Castle, St John's Cathedral, the Old Town Market Square and the Barbican. In the afternoon is offered an optional excursion to the Royal Lazienki Park with the Palace on the Water. The evening offers an optional Polish dinner at Restaurant Dawne Smaki.
- 3-hour excursion to the Royal Lazienki Park and visit to Palace on the Water: EUR 40.00 pp
- Polish dinner at Restaurant Dawne Smaki: EUR 40.00 pp
Day 5 - Warsaw to Gdansk
Leaving Warsaw, we depart by train bound for Gdansk. Like a mini-state all to itself, Gdansk has a unique feel, cultured, wealthy and cosmopolitan, that sets it apart from all other cities in Poland. Upon arrival to Gdansk, check in at Hotel Mercure Gdansk**** or similar. During the afternoon old town walking tour we see Dlugi Targ, or Long Market, St. Mary's Church, St. Bridget's Church, Artus Court and Gdansk Town Hall.
Day 6 - Gdansk
In the morning is offered an optional tour of the so-called Tri-City - a conurbation uniting Gdansk with the lively coastal towns of Sopot and Gdynia. The tour along the 35 km gulf of Gdansk includes a visit to the famous pier in Sopot and a lovely organ concert at the Oliwa Church. In the afternoon we offer an optional tour out of Gdansk to Malborg Castle. Our first stop is at Elblag, a town with a bitter-sweet past and a seemingly bright future. After a short visit of the Old Town with the red-bricked St. Nicolas Cathedral we continue to pay a visit to Malbork Castle - a massive fortress founded by the Teutonic knights in the 13th century and beautifully sat on the banks of the sluggish Nogat River. In the evening is offered an optional farewell dinner at the prestigious Restaurant Pod Lososiem.
- 4-hour excursion of Tri-City with Sopot and Gdynia with organ music concert at Oliwa church: EUR 45.00 pp
- 5-hour excursion to Malborg Castle: EUR 70.00 pp
- Farewell dinner at Restaurant Pod Lososiem: EUR 50.00 pp
Day 7 - Departure from Gdansk
Optional transfer to the airport. End of your tour.
- EUR 55.00 for private car (1-3 people)
- EUR 95.00 for private van (4-7 people)
- 776 EUR per person = based on two people sharing a double/twin room
- 1069 EUR per person = staying in a single room
- Half board at hotels (6 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): EUR 185.00 pp
- 1st August - 7th August 2023 (-75 EUR pp)
- 15th August - 21st August 2023 (-75 EUR pp)
- 6 nights at centrally located 4 star hotels
- 6 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalised welcome package
- Entrances to Wawel Castle in Krakow, Jasna Gora Monastery in Czestochowa, St. John's Cathedral in Warsaw, Malbork Castle and Artus Court in Gdansk
- Service of English-speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Portage at hotels
- Please note flights are NOT included in this package. If you wish to add flights to your booking please contact us, or you are welcome to book them yourself.
- If required, we can book additional nights at the start or end of your tour, or arrange an add-on pre/post tour to any of our other destinations.
- The tour is guaranteed (min 2 people) and the maximum group size is 31 people.
- This tour is run by our local partners ViaHansa and is called Polish Splendours.
Baltic States & Finland Private Tour
Our ‘Baltics and Finland’ holiday is, quite simply, one of the best holidays we have ever had! We wanted to learn more about these countries and came away with not only a deeper appreciation of their complex, individual histories, but also a better understanding of their hopes for the future. Being independent travellers, it felt strange to hand over the planning and organisation to a travel agent, but our 16-night holiday travelling approx. 2000km by car, train and ferry across 4 countries with 9 different hotels and 10 different drivers/guides went without a hitch. Not one delay or difficulty. Each hotel was charming, and conveniently located for sightseeing and eating. Our drivers and guides (often the same person!) were genuinely passionate about their country, willing to share personal experiences, giving us a deeper insight into life in a proudly independent country. Each was great company and we really enjoyed spending time with them. We wanted to learn about the past but came away excited about the future for each of these countries. Above all, we now no longer think of ‘the Baltics’, but rather of Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia – each unique in its language, food and culture. A very big thank you to Baltic Holidays for your exceptional organisational skills in arranging this unique holiday for us. We cannot recommend you highly enough. Already, we are thinking ahead to next year and hope to be in touch soon.
Mr & Mrs Thomson, Tailor-made Baltic & Finland Private Tour, June 2023
The guides were the real high spot of our travels and really made the trip.
I just want to thank you both for a fabulous introduction to all the countries that we visited. The people everywhere were incredibly friendly, and the towns and countryside were extremely interesting. The guides were the real high spot of our travels and really made the trip. Each one had a slightly different style, but each added to our understanding of the local culture and history, often with personal perspectives. The driver-guides - Linas, Normands, and Urmas - deserve special mention. They were truly outstanding and went out of their way to show us as much as possible. They really made the trip what it was. We will certainly recommend you to anyone we know who is travelling to Lithuania and the Baltic region. Thank you again.
Ms Rader, Tailor-made Private Tour of the Baltics, September 2022
No-fly holiday to Lithuania
Overall we had a lovely time and thoroughly enjoyed the experience in terms of the mode of travel, accommodation and sightseeing. Everything worked extremely well. All our walking tours were good and we especially enjoyed asking our local guides about their and their families’ experiences during communist times. Thank you for organising this trip for us. We are very happy to recommend this mode of travel to and from the Baltics.
Philippa & Chris, Lithuania by train & ferry, May 2023