Baltic Capitals Private Tour
Visiting Vilnius Riga Tallinn
From From €1,845 pp
All year round
Baltic Capitals Private Tour
Our most popular private tour of the Baltic Capitals - Vilnius, Riga & Tallinn. Three nights in each old town, staying in handpicked hotels and the perfect mix of private guided tours and transfers, with independent time to explore & enjoy.
- Our bestselling private Baltic tour
- Exceptional personal guides and drivers
- Can start any day of the year
- Can start in Vilnius, Riga or Tallinn to suit your flights
- Choose from 3, 4 or 5 star hotels
- Tailor the itinerary to suit you - add day trips, extra nights or travel on to our other destinations
Day 1 - Arrival to Vilnius
Private Transfer From Vilnius Airport To Your Hotel
Our driver will meet you in the arrivals hall and drive you to your hotel. You will soon be checked in and strolling the picturesque streets of Old Town. Welcome to Vilnius!
Day 2 - Vilnius
Vilnius Walking Tour With Private Guide (3 Hours)
Our English-speaking guide will meet you in your hotel reception and take you for a 3 hour privately guided walking tour of Vilnius. This is a great way to get your bearings on your first day whilst discovering the main sights of Old Town. Our guide will bring Vilnius to life with their knowledge and stories (and hints and tips on where to sightsee independently or to eat and drink!) If you don't fancy walking for 3 hours, you are very welcome to stop at one of the many cafes in the old town and chat with your guide about life in Lithuania, what to see etc. Discover Vilnius at your pace in the company of our local guide - it's the best way.
Day 3 - Vilnius
Trakai Castle Private Tour
Today you will visit the iconic Trakai Castle; traverse the lake via the wooden bridges and explore the inner courtyard and exhibitions, before returning to the mainland and wandering the wooden house-lined streets of Trakai village and try a local 'kibinai'. look back to view Trakai Castle in all its splendour, a truly iconic Lithuanian view.
After Trakai, choose from one of these other sights or experiences:
- a Kibinai cooking class in Trakai
- a traditional crafts workshop
- visit Kernave archaeological centre
- visit Grutas Park Soviet sculpture park
- visit Rumsiskes open-air ethnographic museum
- kayaking or sailing on Galve lake
- hiking in a nearby national park
Alternative Day Trips from Vilnius?
Choose what you want to see and experience in Lithuania and we always welcome special requests!
Day 4 - Vilnius to Riga
Vilnius to Riga (via the Hill of Crosses) Private Transfer
Our driver-guide will pick you up from your hotel and drive you to Riga. On the way, you will visit the iconic Hill of Crosses near Siauliai, a unique and extremely emotive monument to Lithuania's history. Arrival in Riga, check in to your hotel and free time.
* If time allows, we highly recommend an extra night stay in a boutique manor house hotel or rural hotel, so you can visit the magnificent Rundale Palace the next day when travelling to Riga! Please ask us for details.
Day 5- Riga
Riga 3-hour Private Walking Tour
Our local guide will meet you in the hotel reception and take you for a privately guided 3-hour walking tour of Riga. Explore the Old Town, Art Nouveau area and get local insights on the best places to eat & drink in Riga! Be sure to mention any specific interests you have - we may have some valuable recommendations or contacts (we like to make things happen!)
Day 6 - Riga
Sigulda, Cesis & Turaida Private Day Trip
A charming day trip with our local driver-guide out to explore the Gauja national park area of Latvia. You will visit: Sigulda (Latvian Switzerland): enjoy a rare combination of medieval castles, picturesque hilly landscapes (with a river running amidst sandy caves), a sculpture park and flowers that are extinct in most countries of Europe. Take a cable car across the valley to visit Turaida. Turaida: in the language of the ancient Livs, Turaida means 'Garden of God'. Everybody who arrives in Turaida is convinced of the harmony of nature and creative work of man. Visit Cesis, a typical European medieval town with a Latvian twist and a medieval castle.
Alternative Day Trips from Riga?
Choose what you want to see and experience in Latvia and we always welcome special requests!
Day 7 - Riga to Tallinn
Riga to Tallinn (Via Parnu) Private Transfer
Our driver-guide will pick you up and drive you to Tallinn. On the way you have a 2 hour stop in Parnu. This is an independent stop; our driver-guide will show you where the main area is and then you are free to explore the town, or enjoy lunch in one of the excellent cafes or restaurants. If you want something a bit special we can arrange for you to have lunch at a splendid Art Nouveau Villa - this is a real treat!
Day 8 - Tallinn
Tallinn 3 Hour Walking Tour With Private Guide
Our guide will meet you at your hotel reception and take you for a 3 hour walking tour of Tallinn old town. This is a great way to get your bearings and ask any questions about your stay in Tallinn, maybe you want to learn some basic words, get some tips on good cafes, or learn how to use public transport - our guide will be pleased to help!
Day 9 - Tallinn
Lahemaa National Park Private Tour
Today your guide will pick you up at your hotel and take you for a privately guided day trip to Lahemaa - one of Europe's biggest national parks. You will visit a selection of the following places according to weather and time: Palmse manor house, Altja fisherman's village, Käsmu village and peninsula, Viinistu art museum and Viru bog walking trail.
* We also offer the option to have lunch at the charming 'Mer Mer' home restaurant in Lahemaa national park. Or if you like cooking, you can participate in a cookery lesson with the chef who specialises in Mediterranean cuisine, usually with an Estonian twist. If interested, please ask us for details.
Alternative Day Trips from Tallinn?
Choose what you want to see and experience in Estonia and we always welcome special requests!
Day 10 - End of your tour
Transfer From Your Hotel to Tallinn AirportOur driver will pick you up from your hotel and drive you to Tallinn airport.
- From 1,845 EUR per person = based on two people sharing a double/twin room in 4* hotels
- All of our private tours are tailored to suit each client so the final price is dependent on your preferences, travel dates & availability. Contact us for a quote.
- Everything about this tailor-made private tour can be altered to suit you.
- For groups of friends we can offer a discount, so please ask us about this.
- If you want to visit a particular place or event - we can arrange this.
- This tour does not include flights - you can book your own or we can do this for you.
- Contact us to discuss your travel plans.
The guides were the real high spot of our travels and really made the trip.
I just want to thank you both for a fabulous introduction to all the countries that we visited. The people everywhere were incredibly friendly, and the towns and countryside were extremely interesting. The guides were the real high spot of our travels and really made the trip. Each one had a slightly different style, but each added to our understanding of the local culture and history, often with personal perspectives. The driver-guides - Linas, Normands, and Urmas - deserve special mention. They were truly outstanding and went out of their way to show us as much as possible. They really made the trip what it was. We will certainly recommend you to anyone we know who is travelling to Lithuania and the Baltic region. Thank you again.
Ms Rader, Tailor-made Private Tour of the Baltics, September 2022