Baltic Capitals Winter Private Tour
Visiting Vilnius Riga Tallinn
From From €1,845 pp
December to March
Baltic Capitals Winter Private Tour
Explore the Baltic Capitals - Vilnius, Riga & Tallinn in the winter months. Three nights in each old town, staying in cosy old town hotels, with private guided tours and transfers and independent time to explore & enjoy. Winter activities include handicraft workshops, husky rides or snowy forest walks...
- Our bestselling private Baltic tour
- Exceptional personal guides and drivers
- We will add the very best of winter experiences
- Can start in Vilnius, Riga or Tallinn to suit your flights
- Choose from 3, 4 or 5 star hotels
- Tailor the itinerary to suit you - add day trips, extra nights or travel on to our other destinations
Day 1 - Arrival to Vilnius
Private Transfer From Vilnius Airport To Your Hotel
Our driver will meet you in the arrivals hall and drive you to your hotel. You will soon be checked in to your cosy old town hotel and strolling the picturesque streets of Old Town. Welcome to Vilnius!
Day 2 - Vilnius
Vilnius Walking Tour With Private Guide (3 Hours)
Our English-speaking guide will meet you in your hotel reception and take you for a 3 hour privately guided walking tour of Vilnius. This is a great way to get your bearings on your first day whilst discovering the main sights of Old Town. Our guide will bring Vilnius to life with their knowledge and stories (and hints and tips on where to sightsee independently or to eat and drink!) If you don't fancy walking for 3 hours , you are very welcome to stop at one of the many cafes in the old town and chat with your guide about life in Lithuania, what to see etc. We will tailor the tour to suit the weather conditions!
Day 3 - Vilnius
Trakai Castle Private Tour
Today you will visit the iconic Trakai Castle; traverse the lake via the wooden bridges (or across the frozen lake?) and explore the inner courtyard and exhibitions, before returning to the mainland and wandering the wooden house-lined streets of Trakai village and trying a local 'kibinai'. Look back to view Trakai Castle in all its splendour, a truly iconic Lithuanian view.
After Trakai, choose from one of these other sights or experiences:
- a Kibinai cooking class in Trakai
- a traditional crafts workshop
- visit Kernave archaeological centre
- visit Grutas Park Soviet sculpture park
- visit Rumsiskes open-air ethnographic museum
- ice fishing on the lake
- winter walk in a nearby national park
- a husky ride adventure
Alternative Day Trips from Vilnius?
Choose what you want to see and experience in Lithuania and we always welcome special requests!
Day 4 - Vilnius to Riga
Vilnius to Riga (via the Hill of Crosses) Private Transfer
Our driver-guide will pick you up from your hotel and drive you to Riga. On the way, you will visit the iconic Hill of Crosses near Siauliai, a unique and extremely emotive monument to Lithuania's history. Arrival in Riga, check in to your hotel and free time.
* If time allows, we highly recommend an extra night stay in a boutique manor house hotel or rural hotel, so you can visit the magnificent Rundale Palace the next day when travelling to Riga! Please ask us for details.
Day 5- Riga
Riga 3-hour Private Walking Tour
Our local guide will meet you in the hotel reception and take you for a privately guided 3-hour walking tour of Riga. Explore the Old Town, Art Nouveau area and get local insights on the best places to eat & drink in Riga! Be sure to mention any specific interests you have - we may have some valuable recommendations or contacts (we like to make things happen!) The route will be tailored to you and the weather.
Day 6 - Riga
Sigulda & Cesis (Gauja National Park) Private Day Trip
A charming day trip with our driver-guide exploring the Gauja National Park area of Latvia. On this day trip you can choose culture (Cesis: a quaint medieval town with a castle and parkland and Sigulda: home to more Latvian castles with stories to tell) or adventure (a bobsleigh ride, husky adventure or skiing!)
As always, we will go at your pace and we can stop for a coffee break along the way if needed. Time permitting, when we arrive back to Riga we will stop for a short walk in the Art Nouveau district before returning to your hotel.
Alternative Day Trips from Riga?
Choose what you want to see and experience in Latvia and we always welcome special requests!
Day 7 - Riga to Tallinn
Riga to Tallinn (Via Soomaa) Private Transfer
Our driver-guide will pick you up from your hotel and drive you to Tallinn. On the way you will visit the unspoilt Soomaa National Park to experience wild Estonia in winter. With local experts you will explore the national park on kicksleds (if the ice is right) which is a unique experience.
Day 8 - Tallinn
Tallinn 3 Hour Walking Tour With Private Guide
Our guide will meet you at your hotel reception and take you for a 3 hour winter walking tour of Tallinn old town. This is a great way to get your bearings and ask any questions about your stay in Tallinn, maybe you want to learn some basic words, get some tips on good cafes, or learn how to use public transport - our guide will be pleased to help!
Day 9 - Tallinn
Open-Air Museum Private Tour
Today your guide will pick you up at your hotel and take you to the outskirts of Tallinn to Rocca-al-mare the open-air ethnographic museum. Here you can explore the complex, visit exhibits, enjoy lunch in the tavern and maybe take a horse & sleigh ride around the grounds if conditions are good.
* We also offer the option of an active day trip, perhaps a visit to Korvemaa ski centre for some cross-country skiing and a sauna? Talk to us about your interests and preferences. Equally, a trip out into the countryside with some sightseeing and a Michelin restaurant is also possible.
Alternative Day Trips from Tallinn?
Choose what you want to see and experience in Estonia and we always welcome special requests!
Day 10 - End of your tour
Transfer From Your Hotel to Tallinn AirportOur driver will pick you up from your hotel and drive you to Tallinn airport.
- From 1,845 EUR per person = based on two people sharing a double/twin room in 4* hotels
- All of our private tours are tailored to suit each client so the final price is dependent on your preferences, travel dates & availability. Contact us for a quote.
- Everything about this tailor-made private tour can be altered to suit you.
- For groups of friends we can offer a discount, so please ask us about this.
- If you want to visit a particular place or event - we can arrange this.
- This tour does not include flights - you can book your own or we can do this for you.
- Contact us to discuss your travel plans.
A really wonderful trip to Estonia (Estonia Winter Break)
We are back and home from our trip and just wanted to say a very big thank you to you and your team for organising a really wonderful trip to Estonia. We loved it all and are smitten with the country! All the drivers and guides were really great and made it such a well-organised, wonderful experience. Stina’s tour round Tallinn was fascinating and set us off on the right footing. Ivo was just great - full of great information and a very good driver (plus he managed not to laugh when I fell over kick-sledging..). Helen gave us a day to remember in Setomaa and we really could have spent longer there; Algis and Edu were great characters and really went out of their way to make our trip to Soomaa very memorable. Bog bouncing was the highlight of the trip! I think we were very lucky with the weather - just enough snow to create a beautiful scene as we were being driven around and cold enough to freeze the water on the fields for the kick sledding.
Ms Gimlette, Estonia Winter Break, January 2023