Highlights of Poland Group Tour 2024
Visiting Krakow Warsaw Gdansk
From From €825 pp
June to August departures
Highlights of Poland Group Tour 2024
Our Highlights of Poland group tour is the perfect introduction to Poland. Along with your local guide and fellow travellers, you will be treated to beautiful old towns, architecture, culture, and nature as you tour from Krakow up to Gdansk in the Polish summer months. This tour sold out in 2023 so early booking is advised.
- Krakow, Warsaw & Gdansk
- Marlbork Castle
- 4 star hotels
- Choose your optional extras
- Select your departure date below
- Escorted Group Tour
Day 1 - Arrival in Krakow
Welcome to Krakow! Optional transfer to Hotel Golden Tulip**** or similar, check-in & meet your tour leader and fellow guests at the welcome meeting.
- EUR 45.00 for private car (1-3 people)
- EUR 65.00 for private van (4-7 people)
Day 2 - Krakow
For half a millennium Krakow was the royal capital of Poland and for centuries the city walls have guarded its traditions and secrets. The morning sightseeing tour takes us to the Old Town with the St. Mary's Church, the Jagiellonian University, the Cloth Halls, Wawel Castle and the Wawel Cathedral.
The afternoon offers an optional excursion to the famous Wieliczka Salt Mine, an amazing labyrinth of tunnels going down as far as 327 meters. The evening offers an optional Polish dinner at Restaurant Hawelka.
- 4-hour excursion to Wieliczka Salt Mine: EUR 65.00 pp
- Polish dinner at Restaurant Hawelka: EUR 45.00 pp
Day 3 - Krakow to Warsaw
The morning offers an optional visit to Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial Museum or a free morning to explore further the city on your own. In the early afternoon, we transfer to Krakow railway station and depart by train to Warsaw.
Arrival at Warsaw railway station and transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Sobieski**** or similar for check in.
- 5-hour excursion to Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial Museum (incl. regular educational tour): EUR 80.00 pp
Day 4 - Warsaw
Warsaw is essentially a post-war city with a meticulously reconstructed Old Town. The morning sightseeing tour includes the Royal Route and the Old Town with the Royal Castle, St John's Cathedral, the Old Town Market Square and the Barbican. In the afternoon is offered an optional excursion to the Royal Lazienki Park with the Palace on the Water. The evening offers an optional Polish dinner at Restaurant Gospoda Kwiaty Polskie.
- 3-hour excursion to the Royal Lazienki Park and visit to Palace on the Water: EUR 40.00 pp
- Polish dinner at Restaurant Gospoda Kwiaty Polskie: EUR 45.00 pp
Day 5 - Warsaw to Gdansk
Leaving Warsaw, we depart by train bound for Gdansk. Like a mini-state all to itself, Gdansk has a unique feel, cultured, wealthy and cosmopolitan, that sets it apart from all other cities in Poland. Upon arrival to Gdansk, check in at Hotel Mercure Gdansk**** or similar. During the afternoon old town walking tour we see Dlugi Targ, or Long Market, St. Mary's Church, St. Bridget's Church, Artus Court and Gdansk Town Hall.
Day 6 - Gdansk
In the morning is offered an optional tour of the so-called Tri-City - a conurbation uniting Gdansk with the lively coastal towns of Sopot and Gdynia. The tour along the 35 km gulf of Gdansk includes a visit to the famous pier in Sopot and a lovely organ concert at the Oliwa Church.
In the afternoon we offer an optional tour out of Gdansk to Malborg Castle. Our first stop is at Elblag, a town with a bitter-sweet past and a seemingly bright future. After a short visit of the Old Town with the red-bricked St. Nicolas Cathedral we continue to pay a visit to Malbork Castle - a massive fortress founded by the Teutonic knights in the 13th century and beautifully sat on the banks of the sluggish Nogat River. In the evening is offered an optional farewell dinner at the prestigious Restaurant Pod Lososiem.
- 4-hour excursion of Tri-City with Sopot and Gdynia with organ music concert at Oliwa church: EUR 45.00 pp
- 5-hour excursion to Malborg Castle: EUR 70.00 pp
- Farewell dinner at Restaurant Pod Lososiem: EUR 50.00 pp
Day 7 - Departure from Gdansk
You have the option to add on an airport transfer for a smooth journey to the airport. End of your tour.
- EUR 55.00 for private car (1-3 people)
- EUR 95.00 for private van (4-7 people)
- 825 EUR per person = based on two people sharing a double/twin room
- 1,190 EUR per person = staying in a single room
- Half board at hotels (6 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): EUR 185.00 pp
- 18th June - 24th June 2024
- 16th July - 22nd July 2024
- 30th July - 5th August 2024
- 6th August - 12th August 2024
- 13th August - 19th August 2024
- 6 nights at centrally located 4 star hotels
- 6 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalised welcome package
- Entrances to Wawel Castle in Krakow, Jasna Gora Monastery in Czestochowa, St. John's Cathedral in Warsaw, Malbork Castle and Artus Court in Gdansk
- Service of English-speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Portage at hotels
- Please note flights are NOT included in this package. If you wish to add flights to your booking please contact us, or you are welcome to book them yourself.
- If required, we can book additional nights at the start or end of your tour, or arrange an add-on pre/post tour to any of our other destinations.
- The tour is guaranteed (min 2 people) and the maximum group size is 31 people.
- This tour is run by our local partners ViaHansa and is called Polish Splendours.
Altogether a great success.
Dear Jurga and Sally, Just a quick note to say how much we enjoyed our trip to Poland. Everything went well and the hotels were excellent. We were particularly pleased with our two drivers/guides who were knowledgeable, friendly and extremely helpful. Altogether a great success. Thank you for organising it so efficiently.
Tailor-made private tour of Poland, The Grinkes, September 2019