Baltic Capitals & Coast Group Tour 2024
Visiting Vilnius Curonian Spit Liepāja Riga Tallinn
From From €825 pp
May to September departures
Baltic Capitals & Coast Group Tour 2024
A 9 night group tour of the highlights of the Baltic States - visiting the Baltic capitals of Vilnius, Riga & Tallinn, but also exploring the splendid Baltic coast including the Curonian Spit in Lithuania.
- Vilnius, Riga & Tallinn
- The Curonian Spit
- 4 Star Hotels
- Choose your optional extras
- Select your travel date below
- Escorted Group Tour
Day 1 - Arrival to Vilnius
Welcome to Vilnius! Optional transfer to Artis Centrum Hotel**** or similar, check-in & welcome meeting.
- EUR 45.00 for private car (1-3 persons
- EUR 65.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
Day 2 - Exploring Vilnius
Vilnius is known for its more than 1,200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning sightseeing tour includes a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anne's Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn.
The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania, with the well-preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve. In the evening enjoy an optional Lithuanian dinner at Restaurant Senoji Trobele.
- 3-hour excursion to Trakai and visit to Trakai Castle: EUR 45.00 pp
- Folklore dinner at Restaurant Senoji Trobele: EUR 45.00 pp
Day 3 - Vilnius - Kaunas - Nida
Vilnius is known for its more than 1,200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning sightseeing tour includes a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anne's Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn. After the tour we continue to the Curonian Spit and Nida, where we arrive late in the afternoon. Check-in at Hotel Nerija*** or similar. The evening offers an optional authentic fisherman dinner at the restaurant 'Tik Pas Jona'.
- Casual fisherman dinner at Tik Pas Jona tavern: EUR 40.00 pp
Day 4 - The Curonian Spit to Liepaja
The morning is reserved for a half-day optional tour of the Curonian Spit, a thin, 100 km stretch of land between the Baltic Sea and the Curonian Lagoon with small fishing villages, pine forests and endless sand dunes. Tour takes us to the spectacular Parnidis Dune and Naglis Dune, the Hill of Witches in Juodkrante and Thomas Mann's summerhouse. In early afternoon we head towards Liepaja where we arrive in early afternoon and check in at Hotel Promenade***** or similar.
The evening offers a casual dinner at a beach café Red Sun Buffet, right on the wide sandy beach.
- 4-hour excursion to the Curonian Spit: EUR 45.00 pp
- Casual dinner on the beach at Red Sun Buffet: EUR 40.00 pp
Day 5 - Liepaja to Riga
Liepaja takes its name from the numerous lime trees in the city. We start the day with a short stroll in the Old Town with the Trinity Church and we visit Jurmala Park and the former Naval Port area with its famous Orthodox Cathedral. We now continue through Southern Latvia to the magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland. Following a guided tour of the palace, we travel through Latvia to reach Riga late afternoon. Check-in at Hotel Radisson Blu Latvija**** or similar.
Day 6 - Exploring Riga
Founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, Riga is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a true kaleidoscope of various architectural styles. The walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, Dome Cathedral, St. Peter's Church, Swedish Gates, Three Brothers, Large and Small Guild House and the Freedom Monument. The afternoon is reserved for an optional visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. The evening offers an optional organ concert at the Dome Cathedral.
- 4-hour excursion to Jurmala: EUR 40.00 pp
- Organ concert at the Dome Cathedral: EUR 35.00 pp
Day 7 - Beyond Riga
After we got acquainted with Riga, we have the possibility of discovering medieval Latvia. The optional tour for this morning takes us to the stunning scenery of the Gauja National Park and the town of Sigulda. We listen to the medieval Latvian legend of the Rose of Turaida and see the ruins of the Episcopal Castle and of the Castle of the Knights of the Sword before we return to Riga.
The afternoon offers an optional visit to the Ethnographic Open Air Museum, a spacious exposition of 18th century country life. In the evening enjoy an optional Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant Kalku Varti.
- 4-hour excursion to Gauja National Park: EUR 50.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to the Ethnographic Open Air Museum: EUR 45.00 pp
- Latvian dinner at Restaurant Kalku Varti: EUR 50.00 pp
Day 8 - Riga to Tallinn (via Parnu)
The tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu. We do a short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn early afternoon, check-in at the Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar.
Day 9 - Exploring Tallinn
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall. In the afternoon an optional excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU, the award-winning new Estonian Art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art. The evening offers an optional medieval dinner at Restaurant Maikrahv.
- 3-hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU: EUR 45.00 pp
- Medieval dinner at Restaurant Maikrahv: EUR 50.00 pp
Day 10 - Depart Tallinn
Optional transfer to Tallinn airport. End of your Baltic tour.
Or you could extend your tour to Finland on our Helsinki & South Karelia small group tour. (dates marked below with * can do this)
- EUR 45.00 for private car (1-3 persons)
- EUR 65.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- 971 EUR per person = based on two people sharing a double/twin room
- 1,404 EUR per person = staying in a single room
- Half board at hotels (9 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): EUR 325.00 pp
- 31st May - 9th June 2024
- 14th June - 23rd May 2024
- 21st June - 30th June 2024 *
- 28th June - 7th July 2024
- 5th July - 14th July 2024 *
- 19th July - 28th July 2024 *
- 26th July - 4th August 2024
- 9th August - 18th August 2024 *
- 16th August - 25th August 2024
- 23rd August - 1st September 2024
- 30th August - 8th September 2024
- 6th September - 15th September 2024
* These dates can be extended into Finland with our Helsinki & South Karelia small group tour.
- 9 nights at centrally located 4 star hotels
- 9 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalised welcome package
- Entrances to Peter and Paul Church in Vilnius and medieval Great Guild Hall in Tallinn
- Service of English-speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Portage at hotels
- Please note flights are NOT included in this package. If you wish to add flights to your booking please contact us, or you are welcome to book them yourself.
- If required, we can book additional nights at the start or end of your tour, or arrange an add-on pre/post tour to any of our other destinations.
- The tour is guaranteed (min 2 people) and the maximum group size is 31 people.
- This tour is run by our local partners Via Hansa and is called Baltic Classical.
Baltic Capitals & Coast Group Tour + birdwatching tour
I just wanted to drop you a line with some positive feedback on the birdwatching day that you organised for us as part of our recent Baltic holiday. I don't know if you have dealt with the guide before, but she was absolutely first class. Her knowledge is excellent, her English is really good, and she had clearly gone to a great deal of effort to ensure that we had a good day, even to the point of scoping out the area the previous day to see what birds could be found, and bringing a telescope as well as spare binoculars in case we didn't have any. In terms of the holiday overall, we had a great time. The guides were excellent, the hotels were really good, the itinerary was very interesting, and we were lucky with the weather too.
Jespersen, Baltic Capitals & Coast Group Tour, May 2023