Poland & Baltic Capitals Group Tour 2024
Visiting Krakow Warsaw Bialystok Vilnius Riga Tallinn
From From €1,507 pp
May to August departures
Poland & Baltic Capitals Group Tour 2024
A journey of discovery through Poland and the Baltic States of Lithuania, Latvia & Estonia, full of beautiful old towns, architecture, culture, and landscapes as you tour from Krakow up to Tallinn in the lush summertime.
- Krakow, Warsaw, Vilnius, Riga & Tallinn
- Bialowieza National Park
- 4 star hotels
- Choose your optional extras
- Select your departure date below
- Escorted Group Tour
Day 1 - Arrival in Krakow
Welcome to Krakow! Optional transfer to Hotel Golden Tulip**** or similar, check-in & meet your tour leader and fellow guests at the welcome meeting.
- EUR 45.00 for private car (1-3 people)
- EUR 65.00 for private van (4-7 people)
Day 2 - Krakow
For half a millennium Krakow was the royal capital of Poland and for centuries the city walls have guarded its traditions and secrets. The morning sightseeing tour takes us to the Old Town with the St. Mary's Church, the Jagiellonian University, the Cloth Halls, Wawel Castle and the Wawel Cathedral. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to the famous Wieliczka Salt Mine, an amazing labyrinth of tunnels going down as far as 327 meters. The evening offers an optional Polish dinner at Restaurant Hawelka.
- 4-hour excursion to Wieliczka Salt Mine: EUR 60.00 pp
- Polish dinner at Restaurant Hawelka: EUR 45.00 pp
Day 3 - Krakow to Warsaw
The morning offers an optional visit to Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial Museum or a free morning to explore Krakow at leisure. In the early afternoon, we transfer to Krakow railway station and depart by train to Warsaw. Arrival at Warsaw railway station and transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Sobieski**** or similar for check-in.
- 5-hour excursion to Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial Museum (incl. regular educational tour): EUR 80.00 pp
Day 4 - Warsaw
Warsaw is essentially a post-war city with a meticulously reconstructed Old Town. The morning sightseeing tour includes the Royal Route and the Old Town with the Royal Castle, St John's Cathedral, the Old Town Market Square and the Barbican. In the afternoon is offered an optional excursion to the Royal Lazienki Park with the Palace on the Water. The evening offers an optional Polish dinner at Restaurant Gospoda Kwiaty Polskie.
- 3-hour excursion to the Royal Lazienki Park and visit to Palace on the Water: EUR 40.00 pp
- Polish dinner at Restaurant Gospoda Kwiaty Polskie: EUR 45.00 pp
Day 5 - Warsaw to Bialystok
Today we continue through the well-forested Eastern Poland to Podlasie region and Bialowieza. The forest there represents the ancient forest that once covered all of Europe. We will visit Bialowieza National Park and its famous European Bison Show Reserve. After a light stroll along nature trails of the forest, we continue to Biaylistok where we check in at Hotel Ibis Styles Bialystok*** or similar. In the late afternoon, we visit Bialystok and its landmark Branicki Palace.
Day 6 - Bialystok to Vilnius
We depart from Bialystok heading to Vilnius through attractive resort towns into Lithuania. We do a stop in Kaunas, the former capital of Lithuania, to admire the beautiful Old Town and the elegant white Baroque Town Hall before we arrive in the late afternoon to Vilnius. Check in at Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva **** or similar.
Day 7 - Vilnius
Vilnius is known for its more than 1,200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning sightseeing tour includes a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anne's Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn.
The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania, with the well preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve. In the evening enjoy an optional folklore dinner at Restaurant Senoji Trobele.
- 3-hour excursion to Trakai and visit to Trakai Castle: EUR 45.00 pp
- Lithuanian dinner at Restaurant Senoje Trobele: EUR 45.00 pp
Day 8 - Vilnius to Riga
Heading for Riga, the first stop is the Hill of Crosses, one of the holiest sites of Catholic Lithuania. After crossing into Latvia we soon reach the magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland. Following a guided tour of the palace we travel through the rolling hills of Southern Latvia to reach Riga late afternoon, check-in at Hotel Radisson Blu Latvija**** or similar.
Day 9 - Riga
Founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, Riga is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a real kaleidoscope of architectural styles. The walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, the Dome Cathedral, St. Peter's Church, the Swedish Gate, the Three Brothers, the Large and Small Guilds and the Freedom Monument.
The afternoon is reserved for an optional visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. The evening offers an optional organ concert at the Dome Cathedral.
- 4-hour excursion to Jurmala with City Museum: EUR 40.00 pp
- Organ concert at the Dome Cathedral: EUR 35.00 pp
Day 10 - Riga
After we get acquainted with Riga we have the possibility of discovering medieval Latvia. The optional tour for this morning takes us to the stunning scenery of the Gauja National Park and the town of Sigulda. We listen to the medieval Latvian legend of the Rose of Turaida and see the ruins of the Episcopal Castle and of the Castle of the Knights of the Sword before we return to Riga. The afternoon offers an optional visit to the Ethnographic Open Air Museum, a spacious exposition of 18th century country life. In the evening enjoy an optional Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant Kalku Varti.
- 4-hour excursion to Gauja National Park: EUR 50.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to the Ethnographic Open Air Museum: EUR 45.00 pp
- Latvian dinner at Restaurant Kalku Varti: EUR 50.00 pp
Day 11 - Riga to Tallinn
The tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu. We do a short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn early afternoon, check-in at the Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar.
Day 12 - Tallinn
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall. In the afternoon an optional excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park and a visit to KUMU, the award-winning Estonian Art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art. The evening offers an optional medieval dinner at Restaurant Maikrahv.
- 3-hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU: EUR 45.00 pp
- Medieval dinner at Restaurant Maikrahv: EUR 50.00 pp
Day 13 - Depart Tallinn
Optional transfer to Tallinn airport. End of your Poland & Baltic tour.
Or you could extend your tour to Finland on our Helsinki & South Karelia small group tour (dates marked * can do this).
- EUR 45.00 for private car (1-3 persons)
- EUR 65.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- 1507 EUR per person = based on two people sharing a double/twin room
- 2087 EUR per person = staying in a single room
- Half board at hotels (12 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): EUR 435.00 pp
- 28th May - 9th June 2024
- 18th June - 30th June 2024 *
- 2nd July - 14th July 2024
- 16th July - 28th July 2024 *
- 30th July - 11th August 2024 *
- 6th August - 18th August 2024 *
- 13th August - 25th August 2024
- 27th August - 8th September 2024
* These dates can be extended into Finland with our Helsinki & South Karelia small group tour.
- 12 nights at centrally located 3 & 4 star hotels
- 12 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalised welcome package
- Entrances to Wawel Castle in Krakow, St. John's Cathedral in Warsaw, Bialowieski National Park, Peter and Paul Church in Vilnius, Rundale Palace and medieval Great Guild Hall in Tallinn
- Service of English-speaking tour escort on all tours
- High-speed train tickets Krakow-Warsaw (2nd class)
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Portage at hotels
- Please note flights are NOT included in this package. If you wish to add flights to your booking please contact us, or you are welcome to book them yourself.
- If required, we can book additional nights at the start or end of your tour, or arrange an add-on pre/post tour to any of our other destinations.
- The tour is guaranteed (min 2 people) and the maximum group size is 31 people.
- This tour is run by our local partners ViaHansa and is called Polish & Baltic Jewels.
The trip to Moldova was unique and truly great in every sense, an unforgettable experience!
The trip to Moldova was unique and truly great in every sense, an unforgettable experience! We had a fantastic time and enjoyed every minute. The two guides, were not only exceptionally nice and forthcoming, they went an extra mile to give us the best possible experience. We would give them 5 out 5 stars! Accommodation and restaurants were excellent. The two highlights for us were the sturgeon farm in Transnistria and the wine tasting in Chisinau. We also ordered some wine now through the guide, who will send everything in the coming days. Thanks for your quick response and for organizing this trip. I will certainly contact you again before our next trip.
Mr Pernet, Moldova Tailor-made Private Tour, October 2021
Everywhere we went we were thanked for supporting Poland by not cancelling our travel
We had a wonderful holiday and we felt so amazingly welcome. As you know, with the impact of the current war in Ukraine, the country is under great financial pressure and tourist industry is suffering. Everywhere we went we were thanked for supporting Poland by not cancelling our travel. We’ve got to say the whole sordid business had little impact on our holiday. We felt very safe, and it was heartwarming to see firsthand how the Polish nation has risen to the challenge and helped the Ukrainians. As we’ve said we had a fantastic time and really enjoyed all that we saw. Things we’d change are few which show how good the itinerary was that you and the team had organised for us. Absolutely loved the extra trips that you had suggested. It’s a given that we’d be happy to recommend your company to anyone (and have done so on numerous occasions already).
Poland Private Tour, Mr & Mrs O, April 22
Well that’s another successful trip (our third so far) with Baltic Holidays
We thoroughly enjoyed our 12-day tour around Romania, seeing the diverse range of architecture and scenery and meeting so many friendly people. Definitely the way to gain a true understanding of the country and its’ culture. Our guide throughout (Stefan) was first class, professional and friendly (even managing to squeeze in a couple of extra castles for us to visit, once he recognised our interests). Our last few days, in Budapest, were a great way to unwind after 12 days “on the road”. The hotel location on Buda Hill, with a Danube river view room looking over to the Parliament building was ideal. So once again, many thanks to you and the team for another enjoyable holiday.
Romania & Budapest Tailor-made Private Tour, The Birds, August 2019